Wednesday, December 12, 2018

artist statement and biography

artist statement


my name is Jerron Grant, i am a student enrolled at Laney college. i am a writer who uses my work to express my crazy and sometimes creative thoughts in my head. my work is unique in the way that i am the only one who can create this work in the way i do, not in a bragging way but in a understanding the importance of individuality type of way. my work is also unique due to me drawing from my own personal experiences and point of view to create it. my motivations for creating my work is to express my thoughts and tell the stories that are overlooked or unheard of in which i give them light or a place to be told. i mainly create my work to put my emotions of anger, confusion, happiness and any other emotion to good use in a productive and uplifting manner. i like to put the idea of making something ordinary into something extraordinary as well as putting the idea that greatness lies in the little things in my work. my work means to me the chance to have a voice and use that voice to express my thoughts and emotions in a clear as well as free manner with little to no filter. my work also means to me a chance to reflect on the world from my own perspective. i draw inspirations from all types of sources such as music, television literature as well as my environment, my family and friends, and my experiences as well as the experiences of others.



biography

my name is Jerron Grant. i am a student enrolled at Laney college in Oakland California. i am from Oakland California. i am from Oakland California born and raised. i am the youngest of five siblings. i attended Burck Halter elementary school as well as Bret Harte middle school and graduated from Dewey academy all schools located in Oakland California. i have been at Laney for quite a while due to not a having a clear game plan after i graduated high school so i have been taking courses to fill the empty spaces which is leading me in the right direction. i have been writing for a long time on a recreational level this creative writing course i am enrolled is my second time taking a creative writing course to learn how to do it on a more professional level.

No comments:

Post a Comment